Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe for slaw in a little cookbook called "Salads.. a cookbook". Crunchy...apple and sunflower seeds perk up an old favorite. A 4 serving salad. Prepare this salad shortly before serving.
- 1 unpeeled apple, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- In a medium sized serving bowl, mix apples with lemon juice.
- Blend tog in a separate bowl, the mayo and pineapple.
- Add dressing to apple mixture.
- Combine with remaining ingredients.
- To make it low cal, use unsweetened pineapple and low-cal mayo.
I Think this is a wonderful recipe. It almost feels as if I am having a treat instead of a slaw. I would definitly recommend this recipe.
My hubby and I really enjoyed this recipe yesterday. Since hubby does not like raisins, I left them out, but bet that some golden ones would be wonderful in this! Used a fresh snack size pineapple, freshly toasted sunflower seeds and 2 cups from a bag of prepared cole slaw and light mayo. Thanks for a wonderful recipe.
I used fat-free plain yogurt as a substitute for the mayo and had this for dinner tonight. It was wonderful! Thanks for sharing:)