Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe from Rachael Ray.
- 226.79 g whole wheat penne
- 4 (566.99 g) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 78.07 ml dry red wine
- 793.78 g diced tomatoes
- 113.39 g fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 78.07 ml flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until browned, about 8 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, cook the garlic over medium heat until golden, about 1 minute. Add the wine, bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and simmer until thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Return the chicken and any juices to the skillet, turning to coat. Top each piece of chicken with some of the mozzarella and 1 teaspoon parmesan, cover and cook until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes; transfer to a platter.
- Add the pasta and parsley to the skillet, toss and season with salt. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and serve alongside the chicken.
Made as written except I subbed chicken broth for the red wine - and this was absolutely delicious. Chicken was tender and moist, and it was such a quick and easy recipe. Into the keeper cookbook! Made for "I RECOMMEND" tag game.
I followed the recipe just as written except for serving the pasta on the side and not in the sauce. The end result was excellent and the flavours were spot on. Thanks for sharing.
Made this the other day & followed the recipe right on down, although I did use lemon pepper instead of the usual S&P! Even though I'm not usually big on whole wheat pasta, we found this to be a very tasty dish, possibly because of the combo of cheeses along with the 2 large cloves of garlic that I used! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Gimme 5 tag]