Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Rachael Ray.
Top Review by kitty.rock
Made as written except I subbed chicken broth for the red wine - and this was absolutely delicious. Chicken was tender and moist, and it was such a quick and easy recipe. Into the keeper cookbook! Made for "I RECOMMEND" tag game.
- 226.79 g whole wheat penne
- 4 (566.99 g) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 78.07 ml dry red wine
- 793.78 g diced tomatoes
- 113.39 g fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 78.07 ml flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until browned, about 8 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, cook the garlic over medium heat until golden, about 1 minute. Add the wine, bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and simmer until thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Return the chicken and any juices to the skillet, turning to coat. Top each piece of chicken with some of the mozzarella and 1 teaspoon parmesan, cover and cook until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes; transfer to a platter.
- Add the pasta and parsley to the skillet, toss and season with salt. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and serve alongside the chicken.