1/1 Photo of Slim Chicken Parmesan
A recipe from Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g whole wheat penne
- 4 (566.99 g) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 78.07 ml dry red wine
- 793.78 g diced tomatoes
- 113.39 g fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 78.07 ml flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes; drain.
- 2Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until browned, about 8 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- 3In the same skillet, cook the garlic over medium heat until golden, about 1 minute. Add the wine, bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and simmer until thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Return the chicken and any juices to the skillet, turning to coat. Top each piece of chicken with some of the mozzarella and 1 teaspoon parmesan, cover and cook until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes; transfer to a platter.
- 4Add the pasta and parsley to the skillet, toss and season with salt. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and serve alongside the chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slim Chicken Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.2
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 120.4 mg
- Sodium 488.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 49.9 g