Cat's Kitchen's Note:
I made it for my mom on Mother's Day, she fall in love with it! his fruity muffin has been a hit with everyone ever since. It's fruity, super-moist, low-fat, low-cal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the muffind
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda (or 2 cups self-raising flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar (use less to lower calorie content)
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 150 g fat-free apricot yogurt
- 1/8 cup skim milk (optional)
- 1 egg (use egg white to lower calories)
- 1 cup applesauce
- any fruit, you like, pumpkin, prune, anything, satisfaction guaranteed
For the topping
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2Lightly grease muffin cups, or lined with muffin cups.
- 3If using nonstick muffin cups, greasing can be omitted.
- 4In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- 5In another bowl, mash bananas.
- 6Pour in apple sauce and yoghurt, add milk till it fills up to 1 1/3 cup.
- 7Mix with bananas.
- 8Beat the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- 9Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- 10To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- 11Cut in a drop of apple sauce until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- 12Sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- 13Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean or until golden brown.
- 14(Makes about 15-20, amount varies due to different sizes, preferably fill cup almost to the top).
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slim Cat's Grand and Crazy Muffins (Fruity, Super-Moist, Low-Fat
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.7
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 320.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 27.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free apricot yogurt