Cat's Kitchen's Note:
I made it for my mom on Mother's Day, she fall in love with it! his fruity muffin has been a hit with everyone ever since. It's fruity, super-moist, low-fat, low-cal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the muffind
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda (or 2 cups self-raising flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar (use less to lower calorie content)
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 150 g fat-free apricot yogurt
- 1/8 cup skim milk (optional)
- 1 egg (use egg white to lower calories)
- 1 cup applesauce
- any fruit, you like, pumpkin, prune, anything, satisfaction guaranteed
For the topping
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2Lightly grease muffin cups, or lined with muffin cups.
- 3If using nonstick muffin cups, greasing can be omitted.
- 4In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- 5In another bowl, mash bananas.
- 6Pour in apple sauce and yoghurt, add milk till it fills up to 1 1/3 cup.
- 7Mix with bananas.
- 8Beat the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- 9Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- 10To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- 11Cut in a drop of apple sauce until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- 12Sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- 13Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean or until golden brown.
- 14(Makes about 15-20, amount varies due to different sizes, preferably fill cup almost to the top).
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slim Cat's Grand and Crazy Muffins (Fruity, Super-Moist, Low-Fat
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.7
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 320.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 27.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free apricot yogurt