Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made it for my mom on Mother's Day, she fall in love with it! his fruity muffin has been a hit with everyone ever since. It's fruity, super-moist, low-fat, low-cal.
For the muffind
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda (or 2 cups self-raising flour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar (use less to lower calorie content)
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 150 g fat-free apricot yogurt
- 1⁄8 cup skim milk (optional)
- 1 egg (use egg white to lower calories)
- 1 cup applesauce
- any fruit, you like, pumpkin, prune, anything, satisfaction guaranteed
For the topping
- 1⁄3 cup golden granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Lightly grease muffin cups, or lined with muffin cups.
- If using nonstick muffin cups, greasing can be omitted.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mash bananas.
- Pour in apple sauce and yoghurt, add milk till it fills up to 1 1/3 cup.
- Mix with bananas.
- Beat the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Cut in a drop of apple sauce until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean or until golden brown.
- (Makes about 15-20, amount varies due to different sizes, preferably fill cup almost to the top).