Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These pancakes are a household favourite! The eggs and yogurt give them a nice fluffy texture. Experiment with different flavours of yogurt!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt (Try different flavours!)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Beat the eggs and then add the flour, yogurt, and milk.
- Beat until smooth- then add remaining ingredients.
- Stir until all ingredients are incorperated, and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium low heat and drop the batter in tablespoonfulls into the skillet.
- Flip when bubbles form.
Wonderful pancakes Cody, thanks so much for posting. I did change them a little as I was looking for a light, fluffy, real sourdough pancake to use up my excess starter. Most of the recipes I've seen are thin and NOT fluffy. So I used 1/3 cup yogurt and 1/3 cup proofed starter (next time I may even use all starter) and then separated the eggs beating the egg yolks and adding to the mix, then beating the whites till stiff. Let the batter sit the recommend 15 minutes - then added the beaten egg whites and proceeded as directed. YUMMY; they puffed up so nice and where the light, fluffy but sourdough pancake I was looking for. This will now be a regular at our house, specially on the day after I make my sourdough bread.
These pancakes are delicious! I make them whenever I have plain yogurt to use up.