Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I came up with this recipe because I didn't want to use the same old taco seasoning packet. The asedero cheese is a must with these tacos. Delicious!
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Mexican oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 chipotle chile (from a can of adobo chilis)
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce (from the can of adobo chiles)
- Saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Add ground beef and spices and cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 15 minutes.
- I served these using hard taco shells, asedero cheese, and shredded lettuce. The asedero cheese really makes it! I found it in the refrigerated section of the supermarket by the cream cheeses, string cheeses, and laughing cow brand cheese.
I really enjoyed this. I had to use less of the chipotle chile as I'm not all that tough when it comes to hot spices! But I thought the flavor was even better reheated the next day. The asedero cheese really is the perfect companion with this meat.