Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I guarantee you will absolutely LOVE these cookies. Everyone I've served them to asks for the recipe. Bet they don't last a day at your house....they didn't in mine. I've tried it with butter and margarine. Butter is sooooo much better. Trust me. I originally found this on the Splenda site. Good thing I saved it, it's not there any longer for some reason.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Mix together flour, Splenda and rice flour.
- Beat butter until smooth. Gradually add dry ingredients, beating until smooth.
- Press into a 8" square pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden around the edges.
- Score with a sharp knife into 20 pieces. Allow to cool.
- Store in the fridge -- if there are any left.
Followed the recipe exactly and don't understand what happened. Turned out like a crumble you would use as a topping. The term my mother in law would use is
A beautifully simple recipe,that produces great results from the most basic of ingredients.... it's deliciously buttery and crumbly...and I bet you can't stop at one piece!! Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap Dec 2009.
Oh yes, slightly sinful and oh so delicious! How could only four ingredients produce something this good?! Amazingly easy to put together. You can't even tell that sugar wasn't used. I used unsalted real butter, softened. This is delicious shortbread. Thank you!