Recipe by Kim S.
I have tweaked the Sinful Snickers Cheesecake recipe...This recipe gets fantastic reviews everywhere I take it.
- 23 reduced-fat oreo cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese (can be light)
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 (1 7/8 ounce) Snickers candy bars
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 ounces half-and-half cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cover bottom of 10" springform pan with parchment, grease parchment and sides of pan (can spray, if you prefer).
- Using a food processor, finely crush Oreos, add melted butter, process until mixed.
- Use a fork to press into the greased pan, pressing up the sides slightly.
- Bake for 6 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare filling: Using a large bowl and electric mixer, beat cream cheese until it is light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well in between.
- Add sour cream and sugar, mix well.
- Take 2 Snickers bars and cut into 1/4 inch slices. Reserve 14 slices, separate and put on a plate in the fridge.
- Coarsly chop all remaining snickers bars.
- Gently fold in the mini chips and chopped snickers. Pour into pan, over the baked crust. Return to oven for about 50 minutes. It should be very lightly browned.
- In order to prevent cracking you need to change temperatures slowly. Here's what works for me. Turn the oven off, set timer for 5 minutes. After timer goes off, rollup a hotpad and use it to crack the oven door open. Set timer for another 5 minutes. Open oven door a little more and set the timer for another 5 minutes. Pull out cheesecake and sit on a wire rack. After 10 minutes or so, run a sharp knive around the inside of the springform pan. You can spring the pan after you do this. Allow it to fully cool just like this.
- Prepare glaze: Melt chocolate chips (mini or regular), butter and just a little of the half and half. in the microwave or use a double boiler. If using the microwave stir every 30 seconds. Chocolate chips melt but keep their shape, so they are deceiving to the eye. Stir until smooth, use your judgement as to how much of the cream you want to use. Smooth glaze over the top of the cheesecake, place your refrigerated cut Snickers pieces over the cake as decoration, garnish with chopped peanuts, if desired.