Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very colorful, tasty salad, when you're in the mood for something a little bit different.
- 3 sliced carrots
- 3 stalks sliced celery
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Mix dressing ingredients- I generally shake it all up in a glass jar.
- Add dressing to prepared vegetables, mixing well.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Salad needs to marinate for at least 24 hours before serving.
Nice departure from the usual lettuce salad. I also like the make ahead factor but does require some planning to do so. I used 3 garlic cloves and cider vinegar. I did expect more flavor from the dressing than we thought it had. This was made for the Spring 2007 Pick A Chef event.