Recipe by busynish99
I found this recipe in the one of my Pillsbury cookbooks I like it because it's easy to make
- pastry for double-crust pie
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 -3 teaspoons orange zest
- 3 eggs
- 1 -2 lemon, peeled,sliced to 1/8 inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pastry for two-crust pie using 9-inch pie pan.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- In large bowl, combine.
- sugar, flour and salt.
- Add water, margarine, orange peel and.
- eggs; beat until well blended.
- Stir in lemon slices.
- Pour into pastry-line pan.
- Top with remaining pastry; fold edge of top pastry under bottom pastry.
- Press together to seal; flute edges.
- Cut slits in several places in the top pastry.
- Bake at 400 degrees fahrenheit for 35 to 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Store in refrigerator.