Recipe by Mimi in Maine
Very pretty. The light coating of butter and cheese gives the potatoes a crisp outside. A nice addition to perk up a meal.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 -3 teaspoons dried herbs, of your choice (if you use fresh herbs(use 2/3 tablespoons)
- 4 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into thin slices, but not all the way through; use a handle of a spoon to prevent knife from cutting all the way.
- Put potatoes in a baking dish; fan them slightly.
- Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with butter.
- Sprinkle with herbs.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake potatoes for another 10-15 minutes until lightly browned, cheeses melted and potatoes are soft inside; check with a fork.