Recipe by C in PA
This is another recipe from Cottage Living, but it sounds so crisp and refreshing, I had to post it for safe-keeping.
Top Review by mommyluvs2cook
Tad bit too vinegary but very light and refreshing. I made my own herb vinaigrette with balsamic, EVOO, oregano, basil and thyme. I don't think rice vinegar was the best choice, but I didn't hate it :)
- 4 ears sweet corn (2 1/2 c kernels)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 basil leaves, cut into very thin strips, divided
- 2 lbs heirloom tomatoes or 2 lbs any good summer tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pint cherries or 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- rice wine, vinaigrette recipe
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut corn kernels off cob directly into a bowl, and toss with vinegar. Heat oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat until hot, and add corn mixture. Season with sea salt and pepper. Cook, stirring about 2 minutes or until corn is slightly steamed. Remove from heat, and stir in half the basil.
- Arrange heirloom tomato slices on a platter. Add cherry/grape tomatoes, and top with corn mixture. Drizzle with Rice Wine Vinaigrette with herbs, and top with remaining basil.
- Season with additional sea salt and pepper before serving.