Recipe by Emily Elizabeth
With just a few simple ingredients and 15 minutes in the oven, you have a wonderful and delightful looking side dish. I believe I got this recipe from a book called Gluten-Free by Michael Cox.
Top Review by AuntWoofieWoof
This was really good. I had it with leftovers from the night before for lunch. I didn't have fresh Parmesan cheese. I used some that was in a container. I think next time I make it I will add s slight amount of water to the cheese and oil mixture because the cheese didn't melt quite right before turning brown. I will definitely be making this again.but I will try it with fresh Parmesan cheese. Thanks sister gypsy for sharing your recipe. Made for ZWT 4-Italy.
- 2 large tomatoes (firm, but ripe)
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra
- olive oil, for greasing
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a baking pan or cookie sheet with olive oil.
- Thickly slice the tomatoes and place them in a single layer on the greased pan.
- In a small bowl make a paste by combining the parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons olive oil and chopped parsley. Season paste with a few shakes of black pepper.
- Spread the paste evenly over each tomato.
- Bake for 15 minutes (top rack) until the tops are golden brown and bubbling.