Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great side dish to go along with any type of meat or fish dinner. Tomatoes, onions, Parmesan cheese, bacon and seasoned bread crumbs. Yum!
- 6 ripe tomatoes, sliced thick
- 3 onions, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- olive oil
- Grease casserole dish with olive oil.
- Layer casserole with tomatoes, onions, salt and pepper and cheese.
- Mix together bacon and bread crumbs and sprinkle over top.
- Drizzle very lightly with olive oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
this was a lovely side dish and a good way to use up summer's tomato surplus. the tomatoes were sweet and i used vidalia onions. very easy to put together.