Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sliced Sweet Potato Pie
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Boil sweet potatoes until half cooked, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Peel and slice sweet potatoes thinly.
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt.
- Place a layer of sweet potatoes in pastry-lined 9-inch pie pan.
- Sprinkle with some of the spice mixture; dot with a little bit of butter.
- Continue with layers until all ingredients are used, dotting top with butter.
- Add cream.
- Top with top crust, fluting edges and cutting vents.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 for 40 minutes.
- If potatoes are still not tender, reduce temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and continue baking until they are done.