From "Everyday with Rachael Ray" magazine.
Make and share this Sliced Steak Salad With Bloody Mary Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 small lemon)
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce, more to taste (optional)
- 1 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 1 endive, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, sliced thin on the bias (angle)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks (about 1 inch thick) or 1 1⁄2 lbs flat iron steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- caperberries or green olives, sliced for garnish
- Preheat a grill pan or griddle to medium high.
- Meanwhile, combine tomato paste, lemon juice, horseradish, and worcestershire in a bowl; whisk in the oil.
- Stir in parsley, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, combine lettuces and celery.
- Season steak with salt and pepper, then grill or pan fry until medium rare (pink in center) about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let sit 10 minutes.
- Remove foil, slice steak across the grain.
- Toss half the vinaigrette with the salad, arrange steak on top, drizzle with remaining vinaigrette, and sprinkle with caperberries or sliced olives.