Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Family Circle with a few changes from me.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 boneless shell steaks
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 3 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 1 large garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper. Add steaks to skillet; saute' about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare or longer for desired doneness. Remove steaks from skillet to platter; keep warm.
- Add the shallot, mushrooms and garlic to skillet; saute' for 5 minutes.
- Add sherry to skillet; cook for 1 minute.
- In small bowl, stir together the cornstarch and beef broth until well blended. Add to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened, 2-3 minutes. Stir in mustard and parsley. Return steak to skillet; cook until steak is heated through, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove steak to cutting board; slice steak. Spoon mushroom sauce over steak.