Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this from the Penzey's spice catalog. My family just loved it. Note: It calls for English Prime Rib Rub, which is a spice blend Penzeys makes. I mixed together equal parts ground celery seed, garlic powder, onion powder and sugar. Then measured out the 1-1/2 teaspoons of this mixture to replace the prime rib rub. It tasted great! If you do have this mix from Penzeys, omit the salt and pepper as the mix already contains it.
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 2 quarts water
- 1⁄4 cup water (this is the water that you cooked the potatoes in, reserve 1/4 cup when you drain them)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -2 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prime rib roast dry rub seasonings (see note above)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- I 4 quart saucepan bring water to a boil. Add about 1 teaspoon salt.
- Wash and scrub potatoes. Slice into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Place in boiling water and boil for about 6-8 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Place in a large bowl. Coat with reserved cooking liquid and let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together mayonnaise, vinegar,onion, dill weed and prime rib rub. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour this over the potato slices and toss gently to coat.
- Serve while warm or refrigerate for at least 2 hours to serve chilled.