Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Moroccans love oranges and dates. Together they create an exciting dessert. A delightful fragrance of roses.
- 4 large oranges, peeled,segmented or sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pitted dates, quartered
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 sprig mint leaf (to garnish) (optional)
- Arrange orange segments or slices on a serving platter.
- Arrange dates on top of oranges.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Drizzle with rose water.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Garnish with mint leaves before serving.
- NOTE: Rose water is a distillation or rose petals and can be purchased in Middle Eastern grocery stores.
- It has an intense flavor and fragrance of roses.
- It has been used for hundreds of years in the Middle East.
This was very tasty but I found that I didn't care for the rose water in my food. I will probably make this again and leave that out. I felt like I was eating something with body lotion in it.
Easy, elegant, delicious. Best to toast the almonds. I love cooking with rose water. A perfect, lovely end to a Greek/Middle Eastern feast. Thank you, Uncle Bill. xoxoxoxo cg