Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Has Middle Eastern origins.
- Cut thin slivers of peel from 1 orange. Don't cut into white membrane.
- Cover peel with boiling water; let stand 5 minutes. Drain.
- Heat orange peel, water and sugar to boiling; simmer uncovered until slightly thickened, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool.
- Cut oranges into slices.
- Pour syrup over slices; cover and refrigerate.
- Garnish with sprig of mint if desired.
This is good. A simple dessert or with breakfast. This would probably be good with Balkan (thick) yogurt dolloped on top. Made for NA*ME Tag!
This was so good and so easy to make. I really enjoyed the sweet syrup over the oranges. Thanks! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
Oranges are a favorite of mine, especially when I can find the home-grown, large navel variety, which, in this case, I did! This is a great, easy-to-make recipe that results is a tasty side for breakfast! I actually got 2 servings from it when I topped the oranges with a generous portion of chopped Medjool dates! Very delicious! [Made & reviewed for one of the players in the PRMR Holiday Special, just because I wanted to do it!]