Recipe by StrikingEyes00
So easy and so good! I hope you all enjoy this as much as my family does. I serve this with brown rice.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Made for Fall PAC 2007. This was really good and spicy. We love spicy food. The only thing I would do different next time is to cut the chicken up into cubes. Other than that, this recipe was awesome! Thanks Striking Eyes for a great recipe!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in 1 inch cubes (about 1 1/2 lbs total)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup string beans or 1 cup green beans
- 1⁄8 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup orange-mango juice
- 1 fresh ripe mango, peeled, pit removed, and thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam the string beans for about 5 minutes (still crunchy) and set aside.
- Toast the almonds for about 2 minutes in dry skillet and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned and no longer pink. Remove chicken to a plate, cover loosely and keep warm.
- Add chutney and mustard to skillet. Stir cornstarch into mango-orange juice until dissolved; add to skillet. Stir to combine. Simmer on medium-low for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place chicken and string beans into skillet. Cook 2 minutes until heated through.
- To serve, sprinkle nuts on top and garnish with sliced mango.