Recipe by DailyInspiration
From Cooking Light Magazine. Chicken breasts rolled and cooked in cornflakes, pistachios, and lemon zest and placed on top of delicious salad greens with lemon/olive oil dressing.
- 3⁄4 cup corn flakes
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, toasted
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 oz. each)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- cooking spray
- 6 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cornflakes, pistachios, rind, 1/4 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoons pepper in a food processor; pulse until coarsely ground. Place crumb mixture in a shallow dish.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4 inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Brush the chicken breasts with honey. Dredge the chicken in crumb mixture.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add chicken, and saute 5 minutes on each side or until done. Cut chicken into 1/2 inch strips; set aside.
- Place salad greens in a large bowl. Combine 1/4 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoons pepper, juice and oil, drizzle over salad greens, tossing gently to coat.
- Divide the salad green and chicken evenly among 4 plates. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.