Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 kiwi fruits
- 3 bananas
- Place strawberries in blender with lemon juice and 1/4 cup water. (Thawed unsweeted strawberries could be substituted).
- Blend until smooth.
- Press through fine strainer into medium-sized saucepan. (Sauce foams as it cooks, so you will need the extra space).
- Add sugar to mixture; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat; simmer 5 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water; stir into mixture 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool and chill.
- Just before serving, peel kiwis and bananas.
- Place several tablespoons for strawberry mixture in corner of each dessert plate.
- Slice 1 kiwi and half a banana into overlapping semicircles around each pool of sauce. (If you have any strawberry mixture left over, it's delicious on ice cream).