Rachael Ray's 365: No Repeats
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons McCormick grill seasoning, such a Mc Cormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- 1 (8 ounce) package buttermilk biscuit mix, such as Jiffy brand
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbles
- 1 vine-ripe tomato
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed and cleaned
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1Preheat the oven to 450.
- 2Preheat a grill pan or outdoor grill to high heat.
- 3Mix together the garlic, grill seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the extra-virgin olive oil. Pour into a glass dish.
- 4Add the flank steak and coat it evenly in the marinade. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
- 5While the steak is marinating, prepare the biscuits. Place the biscuit mix in a bowl, add the blue cheese crumbles, and mix with a fork to distribute.
- 6Add water, according to the package directions. Once combined, dump the biscuit mix out on a cutting board (I added flour to the board before hand so it wouldn't stick).
- 7Using your fingertips, press out the mix into a 1-inch-thick square. Divide the square with a knife into 4 squares.
- 8Arrange the biscuits on a foil-lined cookie sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the biscuits are cooked through and the bottoms are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- 9Grill the flank steak for 6 to 7 minutes on each side or to your preferred doneness.
- 10Remove the flank steak from the grill and let the juices redistribute before slicing.
- 11Thinly slice the tomato and coarsely chop the watercress; reserve.
- 12To serve, thinly slice the rested meat on an angle, cutting against the grain. To make easy work of the slicing, use a sharp knife. Split each of the four biscuits in half.
- 13Arrange a slice or two of tomato on the bottom of each biscuit. Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper. Top the tomatoes with some of the sliced steak.
- 14Top that with a dollop of sour cream and a little of the chopped watercress. Set the biscuit top in place or slightly to the side.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sliced Grilled Steak on Blue Cheese Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 805.9
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 112.0 mg
- Sodium 1139.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 57.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick grill seasoning