Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Rachael Ray's 365: No Repeats
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons McCormick grill seasoning, such a Mc Cormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- 1 (8 ounce) package buttermilk biscuit mix, such as Jiffy brand
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbles
- 1 vine-ripe tomatoes
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed and cleaned
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Preheat a grill pan or outdoor grill to high heat.
- Mix together the garlic, grill seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the extra-virgin olive oil. Pour into a glass dish.
- Add the flank steak and coat it evenly in the marinade. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
- While the steak is marinating, prepare the biscuits. Place the biscuit mix in a bowl, add the blue cheese crumbles, and mix with a fork to distribute.
- Add water, according to the package directions. Once combined, dump the biscuit mix out on a cutting board (I added flour to the board before hand so it wouldn't stick).
- Using your fingertips, press out the mix into a 1-inch-thick square. Divide the square with a knife into 4 squares.
- Arrange the biscuits on a foil-lined cookie sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the biscuits are cooked through and the bottoms are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Grill the flank steak for 6 to 7 minutes on each side or to your preferred doneness.
- Remove the flank steak from the grill and let the juices redistribute before slicing.
- Thinly slice the tomato and coarsely chop the watercress; reserve.
- To serve, thinly slice the rested meat on an angle, cutting against the grain. To make easy work of the slicing, use a sharp knife. Split each of the four biscuits in half.
- Arrange a slice or two of tomato on the bottom of each biscuit. Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper. Top the tomatoes with some of the sliced steak.
- Top that with a dollop of sour cream and a little of the chopped watercress. Set the biscuit top in place or slightly to the side.
This is such an easy meal with maximum flavor. The bleu cheese biscuits are wonderful and really enhance the steak. I will use this marinade for other cuts of steak before grilling. We didn't have watercress, and I just skipped it. Hubby added thinly sliced red onion to his sandwich. With roasted green beans, the meal was complete.