Recipe by jrthrmn
These have a better flavor, I think, than canned chili.
Top Review by LainieBug
This was total comfort food. I did not have kidney beans, so I substituted Ranch-style beans. I had two leftover grilled hot dogs, but they were the "jumbo" size so I think they worked out just fine. I was not sure how many corn chips to place in the bowl and since I didn't want them to get really soggy, I dumped in probably a cup or so. I topped mine with more grated cheese and sour cream and really enjoyed this dish.
- 1⁄2 cup narrow 1-inch long green pepper strip
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 hot dogs, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sharp American cheese, shredded
- corn chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, cook green pepper and onion in butter till tender, but not brown.
- Add beans (with liquid), tomato sauce, chili powder, and hot dogs.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, till hot.
- Add cheese; stir till melted.
- Serve over corn chips.
- You can use your imagination, add fresh or canned jalapenos, chipotle pepper, olives, green onion, hot sauce, sour cream, etc.