Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy and quick, and also fresh and healthy! In this house each diner will get 2 chicken breasts, so the recipe serves 3 people -- but if you have smallies also sharing, 1 breast each will be enough for them, so my "3 - 6 portions" take that into account.
- 6 chicken breasts, skinless, deboned
- 1⁄2 cup flour, for dredging
- salt and coarse black pepper
- oil (for frying)
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, deseeded and sliced into thin strips (you can use green too)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 4 spring onions, sliced up
- 4 tablespoons thai sweet chili sauce (a good brand)
- Flatten the breasts gently with a meat mallet. Dredge lightly in the flour, and cut into strips.
- Heat a good layer of oil in a pan. Fry the strips, stirring, until done. Use quite a high heat: they will cook quickly. Drain on kitchen paper, and keep warm.
- Fry the sweet pepper strips in the same pan, stirring. You might have to add more oil. Fry briefly, so that they are still crisp.
- Then add the ginger, garlic and spring onion, and stir through for a minute or so.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the Thai sweet chilli sauce.
- Put the chicken strips in a serving bowl, and spoon over the peppers and sauce.
- Nice-looking if served on top of a mound of jasmine rice, or -- healthier -- brown basmati. Nice sides are al dente thin baby green beans and a crisp salad.
An great quick and easy recipe! I used my usual brand of sweet Thai chili sauce and served this with black sticky rice. Perfect dinner for us. Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for the Cook-A-Thon in honor of Zurie's DH.
* * * MADE FOR COOKATHON IN HONOR OF ZURIES DH JANUARY 2014 * * * <br/>This dish came together so quickly! We loved it! I used a Sambel Oelek for the chili garlic sauce. One I have used in the past, and it was just right. The sweetness of the peppers in this mellows out the heat for me. Which is perfect. I served it over jasmine rice which has a little sweetness to it also. My only alteration to the recipe was, I used only 2 good sized chicken breasts. We had enough for 2 of us tonight, and I have some for me and a friend to have for lunch tomorrow at work. Thank you Zurie for this wonderful dish.