1/2 Photos of Sliced Chicken Breasts in a Thai Sauce
Easy and quick, and also fresh and healthy! In this house each diner will get 2 chicken breasts, so the recipe serves 3 people -- but if you have smallies also sharing, 1 breast each will be enough for them, so my "3 - 6 portions" take that into account.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 chicken breasts, skinless, deboned
- 1/2 cup flour, for dredging
- salt and coarse black pepper
- oil (for frying)
- 1Flatten the breasts gently with a meat mallet. Dredge lightly in the flour, and cut into strips.
- 2Heat a good layer of oil in a pan. Fry the strips, stirring, until done. Use quite a high heat: they will cook quickly. Drain on kitchen paper, and keep warm.
- 3Fry the sweet pepper strips in the same pan, stirring. You might have to add more oil. Fry briefly, so that they are still crisp.
- 4Then add the ginger, garlic and spring onion, and stir through for a minute or so.
- 5Remove from heat, and stir in the Thai sweet chilli sauce.
- 6Put the chicken strips in a serving bowl, and spoon over the peppers and sauce.
- 7Nice-looking if served on top of a mound of jasmine rice, or -- healthier -- brown basmati. Nice sides are al dente thin baby green beans and a crisp salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sliced Chicken Breasts in a Thai Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 638.3
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 185.6 mg
- Sodium 494.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 64.7 g