Recipe by TOOLBELT DIVA
This is a very easy way to give the bland potato a lot of new flavour. The light coating of butter and cheese given the potatoes a crisp outside. This recipe can also be microwaved. See Microwave Sliced Baked Potatoes.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
These potatoes were great, making slices in the potato is such a wonderful idea, I was able to get the spices into and on every slice....I used fresh minced garlic, with chopped green onions along with thyme and seasoning salt, drizzled them with melted butter, and grated cheese (I used mozza cheese) then popped them in the oven, I baked mine at 350 degrees, I thought that they might get too brown and dry at a higher temp. they took approx. 1 hour to bake...I made these to go with your delicious Fireplace chicken recipe #62603... Instead of rice we had these potatoes...this is a wonderful potato recipe, one that I will be making again ...thank you Toolbelt for a wonderful dinner, my family enjoyed it so much :-)
- 4 medium baking potatoes (evenly-sized)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (ie parsley, chives, thyme, sage) or 2 -3 teaspoons dried herbs, of your choice
- 4 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over 425°F.
- Peel potatoes, if the skin is too tough, otherwise just scrub and rinse them.
- Cut potatoes into thin slices, but NOT all the way through. (Place a handle of a spoon or table knife along-side the potato to prevent the knife from slicing all the way.)
- Put Potatoes in a baking dish; slightly fan out the slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with butter.
- Sprinkle with herbs.
- Bake potatoes (425 F) for about 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake potatoes for another 10 to 15 minutes until lightly browned, cheeses are melted and potatoes are soft inside.
- Check for doneness with a fork or skewer.