Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are great for a change-of-pace side dish. I like to make them with thyme.
Make and share this Sliced Baked Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Peel potatoes if the skin is tough, otherwise, just rinse and pat dry.
- Cut potatoes into thin slices, but not all the way through. (A clever trick for doing this is to place your potato between two table knives--the knives will stop your cutting blade at an even level across potato).
- Place potatoes in a microwave safe dish or pan.
- Sprinkle with melted butter and chopped herbs--getting it down between slices.
- Microwave for 10 minutes, rearranging potatoes after 5 minutes.
- Check doneness and cook a bit more if necessary until potatoes are nearly done.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Microwave for another 4 to 6 minutes until cheeses are melted and potatoes are soft.
I tried these last night, they were pretty good. The presentation was fancy, I've never sliced my baked potato this way before. I used a mixture of dried parsley and thyme because that's all I had, but I would like to have had chives. The cooking time was perfect, and I reccomend using fresh grated parmesan for the topping. Nice side dish. :)
I cooked this recipe tonight, was very good. I used B-sized yukon golds, instead of regular baking potatoes. I could've shortened the cook time by a few minutes i think but they turned out fine. I had some bamboo skewer handy so i used those to keep me from cutting completely through the potatoes, also keep you from dulling the blade of your knife. Great recipe, nice change of pace, and super easy.
Nice change of pace from the regular microwaved potato! I didn't read the recipe too well- so I had them in at the wrong temp, so it took a bit longer- not a problem. Thought these were nice, but didn't have as much flavor as I was hoping they would, but still a nice way to enjoy a potato. I did like the cripsy cheese on top!! Thanks Sharlene!