Recipe by Sharlene~W
These are great for a change-of-pace side dish. I like to make them with thyme.
Top Review by kearl
I tried these last night, they were pretty good. The presentation was fancy, I've never sliced my baked potato this way before. I used a mixture of dried parsley and thyme because that's all I had, but I would like to have had chives. The cooking time was perfect, and I reccomend using fresh grated parmesan for the topping. Nice side dish. :)
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons chives or 3 tablespoons parsley or 3 tablespoons thyme or 3 tablespoons sage
- 4 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes if the skin is tough, otherwise, just rinse and pat dry.
- Cut potatoes into thin slices, but not all the way through. (A clever trick for doing this is to place your potato between two table knives--the knives will stop your cutting blade at an even level across potato).
- Place potatoes in a microwave safe dish or pan.
- Sprinkle with melted butter and chopped herbs--getting it down between slices.
- Microwave for 10 minutes, rearranging potatoes after 5 minutes.
- Check doneness and cook a bit more if necessary until potatoes are nearly done.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Microwave for another 4 to 6 minutes until cheeses are melted and potatoes are soft.