1/2 Photos of Sliced Baked Potatoes
1 hr 10 mins
Karen Anne Newton RN's Note:
An easy way to give the bland potato a lot of new flavor ! The light coating of butter and cheese gives the potatoes a crisp outside. These are fun to make, and look delightful ! Oven baked, or microwave. Oven bake time: appx. 1 hour. Microwave bake time 16-20 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes only if the skin is tough, otherwise, just scrub and rinse them.
- 2Cut potatoes vertically, into thin slices, but not all the way through. Lay a spoon next to the potato to prevent knife from cutting all the way through. (A wooden spoon works great.).
- 3Put potatoes in a baking dish. Fan them slightly.
- 4Sprinkle with salt, and drizzle with the melted butter. Sprinkle with herbs.
- 5Bake potatoes at 425 degrees for about 50 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- 7Bake potatoes for another 10-15 minutes until lightly browned, cheeses are melted, and potatoes are soft inside. Check for doneness with a fork.
- 8To microwave: Prepare potatoes as above, and place in a microwave safe dish or pan.
- 9Sprinkle with melted butter and herbs.
- 10Microwave on High power for 10 minutes, rearranging the potatoes after 5 minutes if your microwave does not have an automatic turn table.
- 11Let rest for 5 minutes.
- 12Sprinkle with grated cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- 13Microwave for another 4-6 minutes on High power until cheeses are melted, and potatoes are soft.
- 14Sprinkle with salt, and serve.
- 15Note: You may substitute 2-3 teaspoons dried herbs of your choice for the fresh, if you prefer.
- 16After the potatoes are done, a little sour cream on top, sprinkled with bacon bits might be good.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sliced Baked Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.9
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.9 mg
- Sodium 742.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: