Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Elegant and delicious! Serve on one dish to a crowd, or place on 8 individual plates for a dinner party. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 3 avocados
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (such as Lawry's)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces chunky salsa (whatever heat level you enjoy)
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Peel and pit avocados, slice thinly. Arrange slices on non-metallic dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice and seasoned salt.
- Spread sour cream over avocado slices, sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Pour salsa over all.
- Sprinkle with cheese and green onion.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Serve with tortilla chips.