Recipe by Deb Wolf
Elegant and delicious! Serve on one dish to a crowd, or place on 8 individual plates for a dinner party. Cooking time is chilling time.
Top Review by mommyluvs2cook
This was really tasty, but the avocado should have been diced instead of sliced, for easy scooping and eating. Made homemade tortilla chips to go with it, everyone enjoyed!
- 3 avocados
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (such as Lawry's)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces chunky salsa (whatever heat level you enjoy)
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and pit avocados, slice thinly. Arrange slices on non-metallic dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice and seasoned salt.
- Spread sour cream over avocado slices, sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Pour salsa over all.
- Sprinkle with cheese and green onion.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Serve with tortilla chips.