Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
All you hear when you serve this are moans of decadent pleasure...a choco-holic's dream. Time includes the 2 day chill. Recipe says it will keep for 2 weeks.. that has never been tested. lol
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a glass loaf pan w/foil; butter the foil.
- In the top of a double boiler, melt the chocolate in the coffee.
- Add the butter& sugar, stirring until the butter is melted.
- Cool the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs 1 at a time.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until a crust forms on top, approximately 35-45 minutes.
- Let cool slightly then set the loaf pan in enough cool water to come halfway up the pan.
- Make sure the water isn't cold, it could crack your pan.
- I usually have it a little warmer than"luke warm" for a minute or so, then dump that water and use cool.
- So far that has worked for me.
- The dessert will rise& fall as it cools.
- When cool, wrap the pan well in foil& refrigerate for at least 2 days or up to 2 weeks.
- When ready to serve, beat the cream until stiff (can flavor with 2-3 tsp brandy, but I just used vanilla& a little sugar).
- Unmold the loaf& slice.
- Garnish w/cream.