48 hrs 15 mins
All you hear when you serve this are moans of decadent pleasure...a choco-holic's dream. Time includes the 2 day chill. Recipe says it will keep for 2 weeks.. that has never been tested. lol
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Line a glass loaf pan w/foil; butter the foil.
- 3In the top of a double boiler, melt the chocolate in the coffee.
- 4Add the butter& sugar, stirring until the butter is melted.
- 5Cool the mixture for 10 minutes.
- 6Beat in the eggs 1 at a time.
- 7Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- 8Bake until a crust forms on top, approximately 35-45 minutes.
- 9Let cool slightly then set the loaf pan in enough cool water to come halfway up the pan.
- 10Make sure the water isn't cold, it could crack your pan.
- 11I usually have it a little warmer than"luke warm" for a minute or so, then dump that water and use cool.
- 12So far that has worked for me.
- 13The dessert will rise& fall as it cools.
- 14When cool, wrap the pan well in foil& refrigerate for at least 2 days or up to 2 weeks.
- 15When ready to serve, beat the cream until stiff (can flavor with 2-3 tsp brandy, but I just used vanilla& a little sugar).
- 16Unmold the loaf& slice.
- 17Garnish w/cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slice of Sin
Serving Size: 1 (1215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4672.1
- Calories from Fat 3713
- Total Fat 412.5 g
- Saturated Fat 252.7 g
- Cholesterol 1558.1 mg
- Sodium 2055.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 277.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 38.5 g
- Sugars 202.8 g
- Protein 62.0 g