Prep 15 mins
Cook 48 hrs
All you hear when you serve this are moans of decadent pleasure...a choco-holic's dream. Time includes the 2 day chill. Recipe says it will keep for 2 weeks.. that has never been tested. lol
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate (use a good brand)
- 1⁄2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a glass loaf pan w/foil; butter the foil.
- In the top of a double boiler, melt the chocolate in the coffee.
- Add the butter& sugar, stirring until the butter is melted.
- Cool the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs 1 at a time.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until a crust forms on top, approximately 35-45 minutes.
- Let cool slightly then set the loaf pan in enough cool water to come halfway up the pan.
- Make sure the water isn't cold, it could crack your pan.
- I usually have it a little warmer than"luke warm" for a minute or so, then dump that water and use cool.
- So far that has worked for me.
- The dessert will rise& fall as it cools.
- When cool, wrap the pan well in foil& refrigerate for at least 2 days or up to 2 weeks.
- When ready to serve, beat the cream until stiff (can flavor with 2-3 tsp brandy, but I just used vanilla& a little sugar).
- Unmold the loaf& slice.
- Garnish w/cream.
I should have done this the first time I tried this recipe. It was so creamy, rich and yummy. We had it over three nights. Whipped cream the first, decadent canilla bean ice cream the second and on the lst night my hubby got inventive and poured coffee liquer and grand marnier and topped with whipped cream. Now if that isn't sin I don't know what is. Making it for Mom on Sunday, other than the cream nit sure how I'm going to serve it. Many thanks for such a awesome versatile dessert.
This was ok, but not what I expected. I'm not a coffee drinker, and the flavor really came through in my opinion. I may try this again, finding something else to sub for the coffee.
This just didnt turn out like I thought it would. I followed the directions to the letter and even thought I am a chocoholic, this just wasnt for me!