Recipe by mliss29
My friend Minnie gave me a copy of the Holiday Cooking 2005 from the Harvey County Independent, a paper that serves her hometown. I saw this recipe in there and I had to try it. It was so good! It was so tart! It mellowed a little over the next few days, but it was still so good.
Top Review by Boomette
It was my first time trying a 2 pie crust lemon pie. And wow it was good. DH doesn't like meringue so that's why I tried your recipe. I used 2 large lemons. It was enough. I used only 1 cup of sugar. Thanks Mliss. I made it with this crust : recipe#339607
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 medium lemons, peeled, sliced, and deseeded
- 1 cup water
- 2 unbaked pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, flour, and salt.
- Cream in the butter.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until mixture is smooth.
- Add lemon zest, lemon slices, and water.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust and cover with a top crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 35 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
- Let cool.