Recipe by marisk
This brownie is dense and fudge-like at room temperature. When served cold, they have a chocolate-caramel quality. Cook times are estimates and include 1 hour freeze time and 2 hours cooling time.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar (don't use Splenda)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line an 8x8 inch baking dish with a 12 inch square piece of foil, shiny side up, pressing foil in place. Spray with oil.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, combine both chocolates and the butter. Melt over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
- Remove from heat, stir in salt, vanilla, and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time until incorporated.
- Add flour and stir until the mixture is smooth and shiny, and comes away from the side of the pan, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake in the bottom 1/3 of the oven for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let brownies cool completely in the pan and freeze for at least 1 hour, until firm.
- Cover the pan with a cutting board and turn out brownies.
- Gently remove foil and turn brownies right side up.
- Cut brownies using a thin, sharp knife.