Recipe by Muffin Goddess
This is a recipe that I clipped from a flyer in the Sunday paper some time ago. Since it's a little different than the other apple spice cakes on Zaar, I thought I'd share it. Because bake times and servings are dependent on the pan size you choose, the times I have given here are approximate.
Top Review by lazyme
Delish! This was so simple, moist, and delicious! The apple butter in the frosting really made this over the top. Thanks for sharing this great winner, Muffin Goddess. This is now on my fav list for company. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1⁄3 cup apple butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons apple butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease pan (use whatever size pan you choose, just follow the box directions for bake time depending on the pan size used).
- In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix with the apple pie filling, apple butter and eggs. Stir well. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake cake for amount of time directed on the cake mix box.
- Remove baked cake from oven and cool in pan on wire rack for 10-15 minutes. Remove cake from pan and place on a serving dish to finish cooling.
- While cake is cooling, prepare the frosting.
- Blend all the frosting ingredients together until smooth. Frost cooled cake. Serve.