Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: This pizza comes together very easy when unexpected company arrives or for a quick dinner with little effort however, it will taste as though you slaved! Knife and fork will be required as this is a hearty but delectable dish!! (To save time in preparation, a package cheese blend works very well.)
- 1 (12 -16 ounce) jarprepared alfredo sauce, divided (I recommend Classico)
- 3 tablespoons bacon grease or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, Diced
- 3 garlic cloves, Diced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 -16 ounce) package bacon (cooked until crispy and rough chopped)
- 1 (7 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes, rough chopped, divided
- 1 (4 ounce) container goat cheese, divided
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chili peppers
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 cup smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 12 inches prepared pizza crust (I recommend Boboli Original)
- Preheat the oven according to pizza crust directions.
- Heat oil in a medium size pan, cook the garlic and onion until the onion is no longer translucent.
- Add the Alfredo sauce and the Parmesan Cheese and whisk together for about two minutes on medium heat. Take the sauce off the heat and set aside.
- Melt the butter, garlic powder and pepper together in the microwave, make sure the dish will be large enough to accommodate the potatoes as well. Once the butter is melted add the potatoes and mix to coat the potatoes. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Ladle a generous layer of sauce on the pizza and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle half of the goat cheese and half of the chopped sun dried tomatoes on top of the sauce.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella on top of the goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes.
- Evenly spread the potatoes.for the next layer of the pizza.
- Once potatoes are evenly spread spoon remaining sauce, reserving approximately 1/4 cup.
- On top of the potatoes sprinkle all of the bacon and green chili, along with the remainder of the goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the mozzarella and all of the smoked Gouda.
- Carefully sprinkle the garlic salt and oregano on top of the cheese.
- Bake according to package directions, approximately 8-10 minutes. (We like our pizza well done and will add one to two extra minutes.).
- After pizza is done drizzle the remainder of the Alfredo sauce on top for a pretty presentation.
- Enjoy your hearty and delectable creation with a fork and knife!