Recipe by Courtly
"Edged in sweet sprinkles, these melt-in-your mouth cookies are pretty enough for a party" From taste of home. Chilling time not included.
Top Review by Toadflax
These are wonderful. I made them exactly as the recipe stated except I must have cut them a tiny bit thicker and got 24 cookies (which fit my cookie sheet perfectly). The texture of the cookie was superb and the amount of lemon just right.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup colored sprinkles
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in lemon peel. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape into a 1 3/4 inches diameter roll; roll into non-pareils. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4 inch slices. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients. Spread over cookies.