Recipe by MARIA MAC *
Very easy to make. You can even make ahead of time and freeze rolls till ready to bake. Just defrost in the refrigerator.
Top Review by J. Ko
These were are very nice cookie and will definitely go on my "make again" list. I did not follow the recipe exactly as listed because I do not use shortening in my baking. I used butter instead. I think I will play with the quantities of spices and coffee to see if I can intensify the flavours without making them too overpowering. Don't get me wrong; the recipe is very good as is. I just like tinkering. Made for Comfort Cafe tag game.
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- In measuring cup dissolve instant coffee in hot water.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter flavor Crisco, brown sugar, egg, vanilla and coffee mixture until light and fluffy.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Divide dough into two equal parts. Shape each part into roll 1-1/2" in diameter and about 7" long.
- Roll in chocolate jimmies, pressing lightly. Wrap; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375° . Cut rolls into 1/4" slices. Place slices 1" apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until set. Transfer to cooling rack.