Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Very easy to make. You can even make ahead of time and freeze rolls till ready to bake. Just defrost in the refrigerator.
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate sprinkles
- In measuring cup dissolve instant coffee in hot water.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter flavor Crisco, brown sugar, egg, vanilla and coffee mixture until light and fluffy.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Divide dough into two equal parts. Shape each part into roll 1-1/2" in diameter and about 7" long.
- Roll in chocolate jimmies, pressing lightly. Wrap; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375° . Cut rolls into 1/4" slices. Place slices 1" apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until set. Transfer to cooling rack.
These were are very nice cookie and will definitely go on my "make again" list. I did not follow the recipe exactly as listed because I do not use shortening in my baking. I used butter instead. I think I will play with the quantities of spices and coffee to see if I can intensify the flavours without making them too overpowering. Don't get me wrong; the recipe is very good as is. I just like tinkering. Made for Comfort Cafe tag game.