1/3 Photos of Slice and Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
This recipe comes from one of my all time favorite cookbooks, More Make a Mix Cookery by Karine Eliason, Nevada Harward and Madeline Westover. The recipes makes 4 "logs" that when baked yields 3 dozen wonderful cookies. These are great for gift giving and can be a real time saver around the holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut four 14 inch by 12 inch pieces of waxed paper and four sheets of aluminum foil the same size and set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream the shortening, sugars and peanut butter; beat in vanilla and eggs until light and fluffy.
- 3In a seperate bowl, combine the flour and baking soda; gradually beat flour into the creamed mixture until combined.
- 4Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces and shape each into an 8 to 10 inch roll.
- 5Wrap each individually in wax paper and then in aluminum foil; label, date and freeze for up to 6 months.
- 6To prepare the cookies: Place the dough in refrigerator and thaw overnight. Slice the dough into 1 inch thick slices and cut each slice in fourths; form into a ball and if desired roll in cinnamon sugar.
- 7Place 1 1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets, flatten in a crisscross pattern with fork tines and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- 8Remove from oven and allow to stand for a few minutes, move the cookies to cooling racks and allow to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slice and Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 144
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.5
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Sodium 54.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 1.5 g