Denise in da Kitchen's Note:
This delicious cookie dough can be made up ahead of time. It keeps in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks and you can just slice and bake as many or as few as you want. Perfect for a quick after school snack. (Prep time is approximate)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, beat together the shortening, butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- 2Add eggs, one or two at a time, beating well.
- 3Beat in vanilla.
- 4In another bowl, stir together the soda, salt, oats, and flour.
- 5Stir by hand into the shortening mixture.
- 6Stir in the nuts or raisins and butterscotch chips.
- 7Put several large spoonfuls of dough onto a sheet of waxed paper.
- 8Roll into a log, 2 inches in diameter; leave waxed paper on.
- 9Repeat to make more cookie-dough logs.
- 10Chill, at least overnight.
- 11Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 12Thickly slice and bake the dough on ungreased baking sheets for about 7 minutes.
- 13(If not chilled, dough can be dropped by tablespoonfuls).
- 14Bake up to 10 minutes for crisper cookies.
- 16The dough will keep for a couple weeks, rolled up in the refrigerator (seal the waxed paper bundles in a plastic bag) then you can slice and bake them any time.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slice and Bake Oatmeal Scotchies
Serving Size: 1 (2805 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1812.6
- Calories from Fat 776
- Total Fat 86.3 g
- Saturated Fat 37.8 g
- Cholesterol 190.5 mg
- Sodium 1117.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 240.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 149.9 g
- Protein 24.8 g