Prep 45 mins
Cook 12 mins
Once these are rolled into logs they can be kept in the fridge for one week, or frozen for up to a month. Great for a smaller batch cookie with lower amount of sugar. Adapted from a Southern Living recipe.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Beat butter until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt and gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Shape dough into 3 10-inch logs, wrap separately in wax paper and chill for 4 hours. Cut each log into 28 slices and place slices 1 inch apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or till edges are golden. Cool on wire racks.