1/5 Photos of Slice and Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe comes from one of my all time favorite cookbooks, More Make a Mix Cookery by Karine Eliason, Nevada Harward and Madeline Westover. The recipes makes 4 "logs" that when baked yields 3 dozen wonderful cookies. These are great for gift giving and can be a real time saver around the holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut four 14 inch by 12 inch pieces of waxed paper and set aside. Cut four 14 inch x 12 inch pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil and set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugars; beat in vanilla and eggs until light and fluggy.
- 3In a large container mix together the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add the flour mixture into egg mixture until blended.
- 4Stir in chocolate chips and nuts; divide the mixture into 4 equal pieces, with lightly floured hands shape each into a 8 to 10 inch roll.
- 5Wrap each in sheets of waxed paper and then in a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- 6Label and date each package, place in freezer. These will keep for 6 months in the freezer.
- 7To prepare the cookies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees, cut frozen dough into 1 inch thick slices and cut each slice in fourths.
- 8Arrange cut pieces on an ungreased cookie sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart; bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- 9Allow to cool slightly on the cookie sheets then transfer to wire racks to finish cooling.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slice and Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 144
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.5
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.9 mg
- Sodium 75.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 0.8 g