Recipe by Lizzie Rodriquez
You can "have your cake, and eat it, too" with this luscious (but reduced fat) and easy to prepare, chocolate dessert. It is made with cocoa, a deep dark chocolate baking ingredient that contains less than one gram of fat per tablespoon.
- 1⁄2 cup hershey's cocoa or 1⁄2 cup hershey's Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup egg white (about 4 large)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8-inch square pan. In small bowl, stir together cocoa, flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In medium bowl, stir together vegetable oil, brown sugar and granulated sugar; stir in beaten egg whites and vanilla. Gradually stir in cocoa mixture until blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until brownie begins to pull away from side of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Just before serving, cut into bars or cut with cookie cutters; sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.