- 1 pinch saffron
- 8 cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 mace blade
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Tie saffron, cloves, cinnamon and mace in a piece of cheesecloth.
- Place spice bundle and milk in a saucepan.
- Heat to just under the boiling point and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add sugar.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in a little water and add to milk mixture.
- Stir and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Press the spice bundle between two spoons, remove and serve.