Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Between the bananas the whole wheat flour, and the honeyed touch of sweetness, these muffins are practically an edible lullaby.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, & baking powder.
- In a blender, puree the bananas.
- Add the applesauce, honey & milk.
- Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened.
- Line the muffins tins with paper muffin cups.
- Pour in the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tops are lightly brown and slightly springy.
- Note: Make sure you use WHOLE WHEAT PASTRY FLOUR, or you'll produce golf balls, not muffins.