Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I found this recipe in a collection of recipes from a ladies group cookbook. I looked very interesting in that you preheat your oven and when you have panned your cookies you put them in the oven and turn off the oven for the night or during the day until the oven is cold.
- 2 egg whites
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips or 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degF.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, then gradually add the sugar and salt.
- Beat until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in walnuts and chocolate or butterscotch bits.
- Drop by teaspoon on oiled, foil covered cookie sheet.
- Put into oven and turn off oven.
- Leave in all night- (DO NOT PEEK)-or during the daytime and left in the oven until it is cold.