Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This has been around for ever. I don't know what its really called. A friend came into the kitchen when I was making it and said,"It looks like a vegetable slaughterhouse in here." After that, we just started calling it slawter. You can add or subtract any vegetable you like. Its very attractive on the table, tastes good and is simple.
- 3 -4 cups broccoli
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 sweet onions, vadalia if possible
- 1 cup celery
- 3 carrots
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 -2 bottle Italian dressing
- Cut all the vegetables into bit sized pieces and put in a large bowl.
- Cover with enough dressing to drench everything well.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to blend flavors.
Like morelhunter, I have been making "slawter" forever too. This one is kid-tested and mother-approved! It sure was an easy way to get vegetables inside children, and they specifically requested it periodically. They're all grown up now, but I still make it--good at dinner or as a tasty snack.