Recipe by Happy Harry #2
Had never thought about posting this as it is some thing that I just usually throw together when I am making something completely unrelated....until now.
- 12 slices deli turkey (I use Don't Be a Turkey Deli Meat - OAMC)
- 3 cups red cabbage, finely shredded (can use green)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup green onion, diced (white and green)
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced (I like beef)
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise (can use Miracle Whip, but different flavor)
- black pepper, fresh ground
- 6 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the mustard, mayo, and pepper.
- Add cabbage and onion and toss until totally combined.
- Place two slices of turkey on each slice of bread. Spoon cabbage mixture on top followed by the tomato. Grind some black pepper on top and you are "good to go".
- Two of these open-faced goodies make a nice lunch -- or one with some great soup!