Recipe by Nado2003
I tried to find a coleslaw recipe with no mayonnaise and poppy seed dressing on Food.com with no luck. Then found this one on Good Housekeeping. We are allergic to nuts so omitted that and strawberries are out of season so none were added. Took me no time to put this together including hand slicing the cabbage.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1 head green cabbage, cored and thinly sliced (small)
- 2 cups red seedless grapes, each cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled and each cut lengthwise into quarters (or eighths if large)
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf, thinly sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare dressing: In blender, combine oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, poppy seeds, salt, and shallot. Blend until smooth. Transfer dressing to large serving bowl.
- Add cabbage and grapes to dressing in bowl. Toss until evenly coated with dressing. If not serving right away, cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours. Toss with pecans, strawberries and mint leaves just before serving, if using.