Recipe by COOKGIRl
Using regular green cabbage, this salad recipe is also good with a combination of savoy and red cabbage. From Martha Stewart magazine January 2003.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar (I like garlic flavored)
- 1 head cabbage (about 1 pound)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup fresh chives, minced
- 1 ripe firm pear, peeled and cored
- white pepper (black pepper okay)
Directions See How It's Made
- DRESSING: Whisk together sour cream and vinegar in small non-reactive bowl. Set aside or refrigerate until using. Can be prepared several hours in advance.
- SALAD: Thinly slice the cabbage and add to a salad bowl along with the fresh chives.
- Cut the pear up into matchsticks. Add to the salad bowl.
- Toss the salad ingredients gently with the salad dressing. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to eat.
- NOTE: original recipe specified an entire bunch of chives.